(Brunico Communications) An online version of Canadian Advertising Rates and Data, providing advertising rates, data and media planning information for advertising, marketing, PR and communications professionals, including directory listings and contact names and numbers.
- The "Lite" version of this product, to which we subscribe, does not offer users access to the login-protected features of the full CARDonline service found under "Sign in".
(Sources) This online resource gives instant access to up-to-date contact information for print and broadcast media outlets across Canada, searchable by media type, subject, geography, language, ownership, and spokesperson expertise.
- Our subscription is for up to 50 simultaneous users only.
(ProQuest / O'Reilly) Provides full-text access to thousands of e-books and videos in IT, Business, Math, Engineering, Design, and other topics.
- If prompted for your 'Academic email' while in the Safari platform, enter your full Seneca Polytechnic e-mail address. If it does not work the first time, enter it a second time. If still unsuccessful, try a different browser.
(LinkedIn) Online video training tutorials on various topics, applications, and software packages including audio and video production, 3D animation, AutoCAD, Maya, web design, computer programming, and business and office applications.
- Seneca students, faculty, and staff must first register to use this service by creating a separate LinkedIn Learning account through the "Login to LinkedIn Learning" link on the college's LinkedIn Learning page.
- This product was acquired and licensed by Continuing Education, not Seneca Libraries. It is only on our site as a courtesy and research convenience.
(ProQuest) Part of ProQuest Central. Resource for anyone researching the telecommunications industry or its technology. The database includes more than 140 titles, with more than 115 available in full text. It allows you to search over 600,000 records, dating back to the early 1990s.
(Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC)) Educational videos from CBC and Radio-Canada: documentaries from television and radio, news reports, archival material, stock shots and more. Our subscription includes selected, not complete, News in Review content only.
- Faculty: For the ability to add videos to a playlist, you must set up a separate Curio account. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org from your Seneca faculty e-mail account for instructions.
(Films Media Group / Infobase Learning) The Master Academic and Technical Education collections of educational and news films from Films Media Group and Infobase covering a wide range of subject matter. Studios represented include PBS, BBC, Films For Humanities & Sciences, National Geographic, TED, and others.
- Users who wish to create Playlists, Favorites, and Preferences must set up their own Films on Demand account (separate from their Seneca User Name and Password) by clicking "Your Profile" and then "Sign up".
(National Film Board of Canada) Public performance rights to selected films produced by the National Film Board of Canada. Documentaries, animations, alternative dramas, trailers, and interactive productions on the Web.
- Faculty:To access certain CAMPUS titles and added features for instructors within this database, you must set up a separate NFB CAMPUS account. Please e-mail email@example.com from your Seneca faculty e-mail account for instructions. - Videos in this platform labelled "PARTNER" and "CANADA SCREENS" are not part of the academic subscription licence offered by NFB. When in the database, to see only those titles to which we have access, change "Availability" to "Campus" or "Free".
(Kanopy) Full-length streamed videos including popular documentaries, feature films, and professional educational films covering the arts, business, education, global studies, health, media and communication, science, social science, and technical training.
- Users must create a separate Kanopy profile to use this service, using a Seneca Polytechnic email address to set up the account. - Mobile access requires use of a separate Kanopy app. - Kanopy videos will not display in classes delivered via MS Teams or Zoom. Share the link for the film instead, ask viewers to open another browser tab and view the film or scene, and then return to class in Teams or Zoom.
(Seneca Polytechnic) Seneca Libraries’ online video site. Contains videos created by Seneca Libraries as well as videos from external third-party vendors or creators for which viewing licences have been obtained by Seneca Libraries.
- MS Stream may not work with the MyApps version of the Mozilla Firefox browser. Use a different browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge instead if necessary.
Administrative tribunal that regulates and supervises broadcasting and telecommunications in the public interest, setting regulations and monitoring Canadian radio and television services to ensure they meet their programming obligations.
The CBSC deals with complaints and questions from the public about the programming of private broadcasters in Canada. It reviews these complaints against a set of industry codes that set out the guidelines for Canadian broadcasters. These codes cover issues such as ethics, violence, equitable portrayal, and journalistic practices.
The History of Canadian Broadcasting contains a comprehensive, up-to-date database of radio and television station histories, ownership, networks, and programming, as well as a collection of research articles on broadcasting in Canada.